You won’t need to provide CodeStream with any Git (or GitHub, Bitbucket, etc.) credentials, as the plugin simply leverages your IDE’s access to Git. CodeStream uses Git to do things like automatically mention the most recent author when you share a block of code in a post, and to maintain the connection between that block of code and where it’s located in the source file as the file evolves over time (and commits).
Articles in this section
- What IDEs/editors does CodeStream support?
- How do I invite people to join my team?
- Slack Integration
- Who has access to my repo?
- Does CodeStream store our source code?
- What access to Git does CodeStream require?
- Does CodeStream work across branches?
- How do I change my headhsot?
- Git Issues
- Do I need multiple CodeStream accounts?